Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Page 3 - August 12th

Monday Aug 12th dawned very warm & muggy, & at 7am we were up & doing & 7:30 saw us devouring our breakfast. At 9am we had a parade & then had a few moments practice. At 12:30 we had our dinner & then were marched off to the canal for a swim, but wanting to get my gear together I fell out and stayed back. As usual Fritz paid us one more visit, but managed to drop his load some distance from us. Has been another grand day.

Saturday Aug 12th saw mrs d and myself off to the local stupourmarket and suchlike, as usual, for the weekly shopping. Lunch, then off up and down the street collecting for the Leukemia Foundation. One end of my area was almost devoid of householders (and donations), but the other end was very generous. Didn't get attacked by any of the local dogs, but then the worst offender wasn't in my collecitng area.

It is my youngest great-niece's birthday today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home