Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Page 24 - November 4th

Monday Nov 4th Three years today since I went into Enogerra (sic) & how well I remember it all. Three years, & here I am writing by the light of a canddel stuck in the top of a beer bottle, in the Sergts Mess of an Austln Corps School. The usual old routine of parades & picture show.

Note: Jack really meant to say Enoggera.

Saturday Nov 4th started out with light rain, and it has been raining all day- occasionally heavily. Yesterday, fitted diverters to all downpipes, and the hoses have been flowing onto the driest parts of the garden. Mum is with us, as today is the first day of play in the Scrabble Trans-Tasman Invitational Challenge and my sister is one of the 12 Australian contestants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home